Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Nightstand - SIC #1

 Something short and sweet for this entry. I don't have a before picture, just an after.  I wanted to freshen up the look of my old nightstand when I moved into the little gypsy cottage I moved into back in April of 2012.

 So I touched up the black paint with some new gloss and painted the top (previously green crackle paint) with a pale pink and painted over the dark metal handle in the same pink. After they were dry I went over it with some sealer to keep it nice.

 A tiny bit of effort and it feels like a whole new piece of furniture and it helps to keep the bedroom bright looking. 

 This nightstand was not only originally pure white, but also had been given to us free when I was in high school. If you have a piece of accent furniture, with a classic design and solid construction you can freshen it up any way, inexpensively with paints and stains to always keep it on trend without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment